Thursday, October 12, 2006

Human Sacrifice, Dogs and Cats Living Together--Mass Hysteria!

In the last week or so Clara has been getting along overly well with the dogs and vice versa. No, I don't think it means the end of the world is near. It is more likely that they have realized that they should team up since Jack takes away a lot of the attention they used to get. The dogs have always gotten along with Clara, but they have mostly ignored one another. (Except when Clara ambushes Homer and Frankie or swats at them from a chair.)
The most amusing example of this new found camaraderie happened this morning while I was showering. Homer usually insists on snoozing in the bathroom while I shower. And when it is cold out (as it is today) Clara occasionally hangs out on our toilet, which is adjacent to a heater vent. Anyway, I was showering when I heard Clara start squawking. Apparently, she decided she did not want to be in the bathroom with Homer and me. The door was open a tiny crack and she was trying to open it. (We have a sliding door on our bathroom) Seeing that she was not strong enough, she turned around and started meowing at Homer. And how did Homer respond? He sighed, stood up, walked over to the door and opened it for her. Clara escaped (without so much as a thank you), and Homer, his duty completed, sighed again and curled back up for his nap. Yay Teamwork! Go pets! Of course, now I am afraid that I am going to come down stairs in the middle of the night and see them helping each other get to the treats.


Addendum--Gold Star to anyone that can name the source of this posts title. (Hint--it's a movie quote.)

2 comments:

morskyjezek said...

I didn't know the movie, but that's some clever pet teamwork! Sounds like Clara's got Homer trained.

amy7252 said...

Dangit, Tina beat me to the punch ... I knew it was from Ghostbusters, too.

Now I'm definitely not leaving Didge with you ... the last thing you need is an uber-smart dog in your midst. He'd be the mastermind behind some elaborate scheme to take over the world, a la Pinky and the Brain.