Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ah-ee

For the longest time, we heard Amelie saying "Ah-ee" over and over again. We didn't know if it was just a noise or if she was trying to say something. Then one day a few weeks ago she pointed at herself in a mirror and excitedly shouted "Ah-ee!'

Duh, she was saying her name.

This was confirmed many times, especially when I sing the "Amelie Song," which is basically the Barenaked Ladies song "Allergies" with her name. I'll start singing it and she sings "Ahhhh-eee" with me.

**********************************************************************************
When Amelie gives me this look, it freaks me out a bit. Why? Because Kate has that exact expression and it makes Amelie look like a little clone of her Mommy. Okay, so she normally looks like a little clone anyway, but this expression makes them look even more alike.

(I usually get this look from Kate when I am in trouble...)

**********************************************************************************
When I catch Amelie doing something she is not supposed to be doing, she either gives me the above look, jumps and throws away whatever she was holding, or this...


I'm pretty sure she thinks I did not know she was back there. It cracks me up when she thinks she is getting away with something.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh Daddy, if I give you this Cheesey Sweet Grin, you'll forget all about what you just saw here.

Don't let her learn Jedi fingers!