Friday, May 14, 2010

15-Month Checkup

Amelie had her 15-month wellness visit today. She is healthy, but she still really does not like doctors. She did manage a "buh-bye" through the screams as the doctor was leaving the room, though.
The highlight of the visit came while I was filling out the pre-physical development form, or whatever they call it. I thought it was odd that they were asking if I had talked to Amelie about sex and puberty, and if I was concerned that she may be experimenting with drugs. I thought I had a while for these worries. Jack's had had questions like "Can he throw a ball" and "Does he play well with children his own age." The nurse walks into the room and said, "Oh my, she is not nine! The receptionist entered her birth year as 2001. I bet those questions about sex seemed rather funny, didn't they? Try this form instead. It asks things like, 'can she walk.'"

Weight: 22lbs, 8oz - 50th percentile
Height: 31 1/4" - 75th percentile


3 comments:

amypfan said...

Hilarious! Bet you were relieved to not have to have that talk yet. :)

amy7252 said...

Actually, I would think that giving Amelie the growth and development talk right now would be far easier than when she is 9. I say go ahead and get it out of the way.

BTW, Elle has never been to Chuck E Cheese, so you're not bad parents...or, at least not any worse than Colin and me!

Unknown said...

I would envision the conversation going something like this:
Me: Okay, Lily Belle, we need to have a serious talk. Someday, you-
A: Nose.
Me: yes, that's my nose. Now, your body-
A: Ears:
Me: No, that's still my eyes. You see, girls and boys-
A: Hair-uh.
Me: Oh, never mind. Have a goldfish cracker.