Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jack the Photographer - Part I

One of the biggest drawbacks to me not blogging for so long was that I have not been able to post updates of Jack's photography. We bought him a Fisher Price camera for Christmas and he set about taking pictures of anything and everything. Granted, it does not take the best pictures in the world, and he has trouble holding still while taking pictures. Even so, Kate and I get a big kick out of looking at his pictures. 

We get some big laughs flipping through to see what he has chosen as his subjects. (Though after a few unfortunate incidents early on, we banned him from following us into the bathroom with the camera. No camera in the bathroom, now.) And as Kate has said, looking at his pictures is "like looking at a modern art photography exhibit." As far as we can tell, his favorite subjects are himself and pictures of trains. (Yes, he takes pictures of the trains in his books.) Out of over four hundred pictures he has taken since Christmas, I counted over a dozen of his face and close to fifty trains. 

At first we thought he was accidentally taking pictures of some things, but when we looked at the pictures with him he would comment, "Ah, there is where I got a good picture of the floor" or window, etc. Also, he likes standing very close to his subjects.

I thought I would share a sampling. So, enjoy Jack's art.










1 comment:

Cathy said...

Love Jack's pics. Chris also loves taking pictures, and he's got a good eye. Lots of fun to support this new artistic outlet...much more fun than playdoh.