Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An Argument

Jack wore a Santa Hat to school this morning. While we were walking down, I commented that he looked like a Jolly Little Elf. Then things got...ugly. It was the most bizarre fight I've seen in a while.

Jack: Yeah! I'm one of Santa's elves. And you are Santa!
Amelie: Me too! I'm an elf too!
J: No Lil', you can't be an elf.
A: Yes, I am an elf!
J: You can't be, you aren't wearing a Santa hat.
A: (screaming) I'm an elf, too!
J: No!
A:...Den you are an elf, and I am...Michael Dackson!
J:Well, then I am a Michael Jackson elf!
A: No! You just an elf! I AM MICHAEL DACKSON!
J: But...
Me: Stop! Jack you get to be the elf. Amelie, you, um, get to be Michael Jackson. Now let's stop fight--
J: (whining) But I wanna be Michael Jackson too-oo.
Me: Look, the neighbors are giving us weird looks. Just be an elf, or give me the hat.

2 comments:

amy7252 said...

If you'll pardon the excessive use of periods: Best. Argument. EVER.

Unknown said...

I think in this case, even excessive use of exclamation points are permissable.