Friday, December 12, 2008

Ketchup



I've been dealing with end of the semester craziness, so blogging has taken a bit of a backseat.

I somehow managed to take next to no pictures for Thanksgiving. Actually, I didn't take a single picture on the day of Thanksgiving. We had a great time with our good friends, the Rousts, eating a big feast with Tollhouse Pie (in place of pumpkin) for dessert. Luckily, Jack ate what we made and not Cheerios like last year

Kate had to work Friday, so we originally were not going to go anywhere. But we decided to drive down to Greensburg for my Thanksgiving dinner with my Mom's side of the family. We drove down Friday night and came back on Sunday morning. It was hectic, and we were exhausted when we came back, but it was worth it. We hadn't seen most of the people there in a couple of years (some more) so it was nice to catch up.

Our craziness last weekend involved car shopping. Yes, we bought a new car. We didn't particularly want to, but our growing family is getting too big for a couple of compact cars.
Remember this picture from a year-and-a half a go? And that's just with one kid.


Kate was sad to see her car go, but I think her new one is growing on her. Did I say her car? I meant Jack's. Jack is very excited about his "new blue truck," as he calls it. Jack and I were getting ready to go run errands last Monday and he asked if we could take the new blue truck. I told him no, Mommy had driven it to work.

The little boy's face crumpled. He took a deep breath and said very seriously, "She need bring back. That Jack's. Mommy need share! I call her." I dialed my cell phone and he proceeded to scold Kate for taking his new truck.

Luckily, we convinced him that Daddy's boring gray car would have to do for the day.

Now it's time to finish our Xmas shopping!

************************************************************************

This is my dad and his "puppy" Skipper. Homer is not allowed to see this picture, lest he get any ideas.

2 comments:

amy7252 said...

I was expecting a picture of Jack's new blue truck!! What a letdown!

Unknown said...

I will take a picture and post it just for you, Amy.