Friday, February 26, 2010

12 Month Check-Up and Even More New Words

Amelie had her 12 Month "Wellness Visit" yesterday. I'm sad they we will be moving away from our  pediatrician. She is so good with the kids. (Okay, she just flat out adores Jack.) Anyway, Ah-ee is healthy and all that. (And apparently has advanced vocal skills, or something like that.)
For those of you that like measurements.

Weight -- 21 lb, 13oz.
Height -- 30 1/8"

No, I don't know know what the percentages are. The doctor. did not tell me and I can't make heads or tails of the growth charts.

Amelie also has a couple of new words just in the past few days.

When she sees (or we are reading) Goodnight Moon, she says "Guh-Moo", or sometimes "'Nigh-Moo"  Much like Jack was, she is bonkers for this book.

So this one cracks me up--she reads Jack's old book That's Not My Tractor and points to the tractors on every page and says "Tack-tuh." That will make her grandpas proud.

And the one that makes me smile the biggest--she is now responding to "I Love You" with "Wuh You!"
Few things in life are better than hearing your little girl tell you that she loves you. (I know she does not really know what it means and is just repeating what we say, but just allow me my moment.)

2 comments:

amy7252 said...

Hey Joe -- don't worry about figuring out percentiles. Just use this site: http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/babygrowth.asp. Plug in the numbers and it will make a cool pink chart for you.

Unknown said...

Thanks Amy!