Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Star Wars -- According to a Preschooler

Although he has seen bits of them in the background, we decided to fully introduce Jack to the Star Wars movies on our Family Movie Nights. (Which he has renamed "Eat and Watch Night.") We are watching them out of order, and I doubt I will let him watch Episode III for awhile, since it is a little to dark for his age, I think. So far, he has seen I, IV, and VI.

He loves them. He is allowed to watch a little TV first thing in the morning, and after watching I, he requested it every morning for over a week, taking him a few mornings each time to finish it. I'm sure there will be many more funny comments and conversations, but I do not want to forget them so here we go. (Unless otherwise noted, these were all said by Jack)

Episode I

Those guys don't have noses. Where are their noses?
(Proceeds to point out which characters have noses and which ones do not for the rest of the movie.)

Daddy, what is the guy's name with the long ears and long tongue that talks like this? (Proceeds to do a spot on, hilarious, Jar Jar Binks impersonation. He refused to do it on camera, though.)

The little boy is racing rocket ships!

(Watching the final light saber battle)
Blue Guy and Green Guy are fighting red guy. I think red guy is bad.
Oh no! Where is Blue Guy? (Me: Uhhh, sleeping?) Oh, I see him. He needs to wake up.
Hey! Green Guy just took Blue Guy's sword!
Oh my, Red Guy just fell down that big hole.

He names characters by the color of their light saber...

Episode IV:

(Star Destroyer flies by) Oh, look! It's a Quesadilla Ship!

J: The blue ship is my favorite.
Me: Blue ship?
J: That one.
Me: That's the Millennium Falcon. It's more of a gray than blue
J: ...No, but I call it the Blue Ship.

(Darth Vader kills Obi-Wan. I was outside walking the dogs and just came in. I was wearing a hoodie, hood up.)
J: Daddy, where did the man with the coat go?
M: Man with a coat?
J: Yeah, he just dropped his coat and left.
Me: What man with the coat?
J: The one dressed like you.
Me: Ooooh, uh...Look! They are flying their rocket again!
J: That's the blue ship.

Episode VI:

Hey! It's R2-We 2! We know him! He's my favorite.
(C-3PO shows up.) We know him!
(Chewbacca shows up.) It's the big Gummi Bear!
(Jabba the Hut shows up.) Hey, we know him. He's ugly.
(Yoda shows up.) Hey, we know him!


I'm sure there will be more...


3 comments:

Tina said...

lol the noses comment reminds me of how you used to quote that they were "on a quest to find our noses" when mom's sound was out on her tv =]

SlyGly said...

The Big Gummi Bear description is my favorite!

Cathy said...

I needed a good laugh like that!