Friday, May 28, 2010

All About Amelie - Part I...I hope?

Poor Amelie. If you look back at the blog when Jack was around a year old, you will find a lot of little stories about him, what he liked and did not like, and so on. With The Move I kind of got away from keeping track of such things. This is especially sad since she has really been developing her personality over the past month or two.

In other words, she is not a baby anymore. She is a toddler.
Anyway, I feel like I should devote more posts to Stinker Belle and how she is developing. So here are some random bits. Hopefully, this will be the start of many.

About three weeks ago, I tried to write down all the words I thought she knew. I came up with about fifty. The afternoon after I wrote the list, I heard her say several I had forgotten or did not realize she knew. Since then, she has been saying about one new word a day.

In the last week or so, she has begun stringing words together. Granted, Kate, Jack, and I are probably the only ones that really understand her. But she is going to be quite the little talker.

Her favorite foods are cheese, go-gur (Yogurt), hummus (She can't say it, just yells "more!" or points and gives me a demanding look.) nee-nahs (bananas), and strawberries (calls them something, but it is incomprehensible).

She has been blowing kisses for a while, and just started trying to give them on the face. Either way, they are accompanied by a loud, "Mwah!"

She is just as into dancing as Jack was. But her sprinkler is not that great, yet.

She pooped the other day, yelled "Poo!", and ran and brought me a diaper. I hope this portends easy potty training. She has done it only once or twice since, though.

Her favorite cartoons are Backyardigans and Dora ("Door!) She does not watch much TV, but these she will sit quietly and follow. Well, that's not true. She dances during Backyardigans.

Her favorite animals (at least at the moment) are Key-cats (Meee-oooow!). She likes other animals, but this little girl is cat crazy.

I take that back, she also loves ducks--"cack cack."

I laugh every time she says bears. "BeeersRawr!"

She does really well with identifying (and saying) body parts. Eyes, ear, heer-uh, hah, nosse. Sometimes toes are "fee-toes." She knows where her mouth is, but she does not say it.

She loves lifting her shirt and shouting "Bee-boh!" Of course, then she wants to lift our shirts and point to our belly buttons, which wouldn't be so bad if she didn't try to do it in public.

Amelie loves her big brother very much, but gets very jealous when he is on our laps or we are holding him. Last week, Kate was rocking in the glider with Jack right before bedtime, which is not part of the usual routine. Amelie came in the room and started crying and screaming, "No No No! Ah-ee nigh nigh! Ah-ee nigh nigh!"

When she gets really mad she bites the first thing she sees--stuffed animal, a toy, or her shirt. Luckily, she has not bit a person in a long time.

Did I mention she has a temper?

No comments: