Monday, September 20, 2010

Arcade Fire According to a Four-Year Old: Jack's Brief Analysis of "No Cars Go"

We were in the car when Arcade Fire's "No Cars Go" came on. Jack decided to really listen to it and gave a running commentary--while making his stuffed puppy dance. Here are some of the highlights.



Their cars are not going. I wonder why.

Hmm, Daddy, I think I know why their cars won't go. They are old fashioned and will not run anymore.

They have planes, too! And trains!

I guess their trains are old fashioned, too, since they are not going.

I hope they sing about semi-trucks next.

(Humming) Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm. Geesh, is this song still going?

Is it over yet? No? (More humming) Hmmm, hmmm.

Okay, can we listen to "Orange Blossom Special," now?
_________________________________________________________________

And in case you do not know the song he was listening to.

No comments: