Monday, October 18, 2010

Misquoting the Late Gary Coleman

Me: Jack, it's time to turn off the TV.

Jack: (Snarky voice.) What did you say to me, Fungus?

Me: I'm sorry, but what did you just call me, Jackson Edward Michael?
Jack: I said, what did you say to me, Fungus?

Me: (Trying very, very hard to keep a straight face and not laugh) I thought that is what you said. Jack, you do not call someone a "Fungus," especially your Daddy. It's not nice. (Snicker.) Did you learn that from school?

Jack: (Alarmed) I'm sorry Daddy. I didn't learn it at school, that's what Mommy says to me.
Me: I really doubt your mother calls you a fungus.

Jack: Well, what does she say to me, then? Oh, it's "What'choo talkin' 'bout, Fungus?"
Me: ...?

Jack: No, wait--What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis? That's it! Turn off the TV? What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Then we both laughed.

2 comments:

Eric said...

He's a genius! "What'choo talkin' 'bout, Fungus?" is a catch phrase for a new generation.

Suellen said...

This is hilarious!