Friday, December 10, 2010

Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo.

Last week we bundled up and made it to the zoo one evening for the festival of lights before it got too terribly cold. We went on a week night, so it was not busy at all. Of course, it made it a bit creepy being dark with so few people there. But, the kids absolutely loved it. We didn't tell them where we were going until we were almost there. Jack still thinks our main reason for going out was to go to McDonald's and we just happened to stop by the zoo. 
When we got there, Amelie started chanting, "Zoo! Zoo! Zoo!" 

The giant lion nutcracker at the entrance. (Amelie: 'ion! ion!)

Amelie was more interested in the lights than pictures. I don't blame her. The bridge from the parking lot to the zoo was cool.


 Actually, overall it was pretty impressive.


Jack was all about the funny faces for pictures...



Don't take my blanket.


Reindeer!


I actually think this face was due more to hat malfunction than trying to be goofy.

Santa was there. Jack was excited, but Amelie screamed, and Kate had to rescue her. So no. we did not pay $35 dollars for a picture of a screaming toddler.

The zoo was all about the light tunnels.
I was all about pictures of the family in the light tunnels.

Hey, look it's me getting eaten by a light snake. How droll.

I suppose every once in a while I need a picture of me in the blog just to prove that I exist. It's amazing how many events happen I thought I was at, but judging by the pictures I must not have been.

Weee! Pictures on the train ride. (Cold, but very pretty.)

Most of the animals were either asleep, or you couldn't see them. But there were so many lights it didn't really matter.





The lights on the lake were really pretty. The ducks seemed a bit confused, though.



Jack has asked almost every day since we went if we can "go back to the zoo at bedtime to see the lights." He had such a good time. We are hoping for it to warm up a bit so we can.

1 comment:

amy7252 said...

That looks SO cool! I hope we get decent temperatures so that we can at least check out Brookfield's display before we leave for the holidays.