Wednesday, October 18, 2006

First Snow and First Peas

Last Thursday it snowed. Wait. It was October 12 and I just wrote that it snowed. That just does not seem right.
Supposedly, this was the earliest snow on record for this part of Michigan. El Nino strikes again! ("I am El Nino. Yo soy El Nino. For those of you who don't habla espanol, El Nino is Spanish for...The Nino!" Kudos to anyone that gets that quote.) I have pictures of Homer in the snow, but Blogger will not let me upload them. Of my fellow bloggers that read this, are you having difficulties with Blogger selectively not allowing pictures to upload? It is rather frustrating.
As part of this lovely cold snap, I got to bundle Jack up when I took him out on some errands last Thursday. Considering that he likes to wear as little clothing as possible (i.e. naked) he was not a fan of layers of clothing. This was only picture I could snap before he became really mad at the indignation of wearing a jacket and shoes. I guess this was also the first time that he wore shoes, too. He is wearing a pair of Robbies, which are supposed to stay on the feet better than regular shoes. The first time he wore them, they did indeed stay on. (He has become an expert at removing his socks, especially in public places.) The second time, though, he managed to get one of them off.
Last Friday, Jack had peas for the first time. This was his first official non-cereal solid food. I say "official" because Kate and I misread the doctor's directions and he did have sweet potatoes a couple of weeks ago. As with the cereals (and the sweet potatoes) Jack really liked the peas. After the first bite, he was reaching for the spoon and sitting there expectantly with his mouth wide open. Yay for the adventurous little eater! You can also see Jack's snazzy new high chair, which matches his swing, in this picture.

3 comments:

amy7252 said...

Woo hoo! I can be the first to claim knowledge of the quote's origins ... the late, great Chris Farley on SNL. Frickin' hilarious.

Also, Joe, you are incorrect about Jack and his "unremovable" shoes -- he got one partially off while sitting on my lap at Red Robin.

Unknown said...

Amy--I'm not wrong. I'm never wrong! He he. If you read more closely, I did say that one came off the second time, which was at dinner with you guys. You are just jealous that I did not mention that you were hold Jack during dinner and shared your fajitas and onion rings with him.

amy7252 said...

I think you added that line after I read your blog entry this morning!

And tell Jack that he was supposed to keep quiet about me sharing the onion rings with him...