Monday, November 01, 2010

The Pirate and the (Pirate) Princess


I am way behind on blogging (a wedding and Homecoming to share!), but I though I would try to get the Halloween pictures up.

Since we live close enough now to do so, Jack wanted to go Trick or Treating with his cousins. So we drove up to Greenville for the day, where they do the T or T at two in the afternoon.

Jack was excited to be a pirate because he would get to wear an eye patch, or a "hidey-eye" as he calls it. He's been wearing it all week, but then refused to wear it yesterday. Go figure.


For Lily's costume, we kind of cheated. We just reused her flower girl dress from a couple of weeks ago and bought her a tiara to go with it. Voila! A princess!

Just being a princess wasn't good enough for her, though. She kept stealing bits of Jack's pirate costume, with the hook being her favorite. Being a good brother, Jack let her have it. Lily kept telling everyone, "Arrr! I a Pi'ate P'incess! Arrr!"


Captain Milkbeard the Pirate had a swashbuckling good time.

I think my favorite part about the Pirate Princess was all of the double takes she got.
"Ahhh, what a cute prin--Is that a hook?"

You can also see in this picture Amelie's "Pitty bacets." She found a bunch of the links that we used to use to hold her toys on the stroller, etc. and immediately started using them as bracelets. She wears up to seven of them at a time. All the time.



The whole gang.


As much as she enjoyed being "pitty," we knew she was a bit jealous of Jack. So at the end of the day she got to be a pirate for a little while.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness, she's so adorable. I can hear them both, ARRR!!!Precious!

Suellen said...

I LOVE that Amelie stole Jack's hook and that at the end of the night she was done being pretty!!!!

amy7252 said...

Oh my gosh, hilarious! I was already cracking up at "hidey eye" but the "Is that a hook?" comment nearly had me in tears.

Unknown said...

Suellen--She is kind of like that in general. She gravitates toward the stereotypical "girl" things and likes "pretty" stuff...but like spiders and bugs more than her brother and will gladly play with a tractor.

Amy--I forgot to write about the OTHER looks. Those that were sympathetic/alarmed. I swear some people thought she really had lost a hand and that was her prosthetic...