For Kate and me, this has been a lot harder this time around. We both arrived at Jack rather quickly and we both were rather pro-Lily from the start. (I think I kind of had to convince her of the coolness of Amelie, though.) This time, though...well, it could go down to the last second the way we are currently going. I thought I would share a snippet of how our conversations go by providing only Kate's responses to some of my ideas from the past few months.
- Hmm, put it on the list and we will see.
- Sure, put it on the list. It will give me something to cross off when we narrow down.
- No. No names from Wagner operas.
- No. No names from Tolkien.
- Oh, it's not from Tolkien? Still no.
- How did you not know the names of Obama's daughters?
- That's how you would pronounce that? This is southern Ohio, you know.
- ... [cold stare]
- Uh, we're not Indian.
- I don't care how you try to spell it, we're not naming our daughter that.
- You do realize there is a character on Glee named that, right? Oh, you don't like it anymore?
- She'll be a baby, not a little old lady.
- Well, that name will ensure that she grows up to be wild.
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-oh, you were serious, weren't you? I'm sorry...HAHAHAHA
LOL, too funny! If it makes you feel any better, I was baby B for about a week. That's what happens when you are the second one born and your parents didn't know they were having twins until really late in the game. ;)
Once you do decide on a name, please come back and let us know what names received these responses. I'm guessing Quinn from Glee? Otherwise, I couldn't even venture a guess.
Oh, come one, Earth Rumble is a name that would never go out of style.
@Andrea - Yes on Quinn. Maybe I'll give some of the names...
@Eric - If it was a boy, yes...but that seems like it would be pretty bad self esteem for a girl. =)
Post a Comment